- Amazing Animals >
- Elegant Exotics >
- Fascinating Facts
- When annoyed, llamas spit.
- Llamas have a squarish body frame.
- Llamas are normally sheared every two years.
- Llamas are pack animals that can carry up to 130 pounds and travel 15 to 20 miles per day.
- Female goats are called does or nannies, and young goats are called kids.
births are normal in goats, with a high percentage of twins and
triplets, thus giving several breeds an average litter size above two
- Male goats, called bucks or billies, usually have a beard.
- Zebras often form mixed herds with antelopes to gain protection from predators.
- The mountain zebra and Grevy's zebra are endangered due to hunting.
- Young foals weigh between 70 and 80 pounds at birth.
RINGLING.COM, RINGLING ONLINE®, RINGLING BROS. AND BARNUM & BAILEY ®, THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH ®, AMERICA’S LIVING NATIONAL TREASURE ® and all other marks, logos, program titles, characters, names, graphics, trademarks and service marks are owned by Feld Entertainment or its subsidiary, Ringling Bros.-Barnum & Bailey Combined Shows, Inc. All rights reserved.